Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
All submissions must meet the following requirements.
- COLLABORATIVE PUBLISHING PRINCIPLE: ALL the authors must be available to act as peer reviewers for Pharmacy Practice when requested.
- ORIGINALITY: The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in the box comments to the editor during the submission process).
- RELEVANCE AND CONSISTENCY: With the purpose of not duplicating literature, authors have checked previous issues of Pharmacy Practice and other pharmacy journals, for similar articles. Referencing these articles acknowledges their previous contribution to the area, as well as gives an idea of the importance that authors assign to pharmacy journals.
- FILES TO SUBMIT: The submission is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF or WordPerfect document file format.
Title page, abstract, main text, tables and figures (embedded) should be submitted in ONLY ONE FILE.
Optional supplementary files can be submitted separately.
Do not submit a cover letter. Just include the text in the box "Comments for the Editor".
- ABSTRACT: Abstract is ALWAYS structured with the following subheadings: Objective, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
Keywords are obtained from the MeSH database.
- REFERENCES: All references are cited in the text, and they appear in the references section in the same order as they appear in the text.
References are cited in standard MEDLINE form, including all their authors (avoiding the use of “et al”).
Internet pages used as references mention the date of access.
- TABLES AND FIGURESTables appear at the end of the Main Text file, and they are formatted following the new specific rules for tables. Figures appear at the end of the Main Text file and they are pasted in the manuscript as Microsoft Objects that allow editing.
- METADATA: The data are provided to be used under the principles of European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and will be saved and used within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals.
Emails for all the authors are provided in the title page and recorded into the submission process. Names of all the authors will be included in following style, according to International Standards:
Middle name or initial (optional, but only one is accepted)
Download this file to check how names will appear.
The data are provided to be used under the principles of European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and will be saved and used within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals.
- MAIN TEXT: The manuscript of original research articles is ALWAYS structured in the following manner: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion and Conclusions. Do not aggregate these subheadings.
Text does not include abbreviations, unless they are commonly accepted.
- TITLE PAGE: Title page contains all required information, including: title, conflict of interest statement, funding information, and corresponding author contact details.
Authors’ information includes name, degree, current position, institution, ORCID IDORCID ID, and e-mail. All the authors roles must be declared using the Contributor Roles Taxonomy (CRediT)